What we've achieved this year 2014/15...
- We have supported178 families with 439 children.
- Across Calderdale 160 volunteers gave time and effort to visit our families, be scheme Trustees and in many other ways, strengthening and supporting local families and the community, helping to make sure that children have the best start in life and that they are happy, healthy and safe and are able to reach their full potential.
- In April 2015 we were asked by Calderdale Council to host 2 Key Workers who provide intensive support to families across the borough through the Council's Families Matter Project.
- We've also had a new project this year with a Community Organiser. She has been reaching out to communities across Calderdale to raise our profile, listen to views and see how we can better meet their needs. She has also listened to our volunteers and families (past and present) to evaluate how well supported and valued they feel.
- In June 2015 we were awarded additional funding from the Clinical Commissioning Group. This funding has meant we could employ two new members of staff - a new co-ordinator to work with families with specific mental ill health concerns and a group worker who will be setting up and encouraging families to attend targeted groups.
- In January 2014 we achieved the Investing In People award and are looking to expand on the award in the coming 12 months.